This recipes it’s almost mistake-proofing, and it’s lower sugar when comparing to the traditional cream cheese one. This White Chocolate Mascarpone Frosting recipe is a silk, smooth, and mouth watering. Super versatile, and simple frosting that hold its shape for you to make beautiful cupcakes, festive cakes, swiss rolls and so on. I used this recipe for decorating my Christmas Yule Log. Fantastic!
If you had problems finding the right texture for your frosting, this recipe is for you! The mascarpone cheese is a perfect stabilizer making this frosting ideal for both piping on and filling your cakes.
Keep in mind!
- Beat the mascarpone first by itself to loosen it up and get rid of the lumps;
- Cut the chocolate in same-size pieces so it’s easier to melt it into the cream;
- If your frosting starts looking grainy, it’s due to overwhipping. Don’t panic! You can fix it, just add more heavy cream. Whip the mixture in a medium speed until you reach the wanted consistency;
- You can keep this White Chocolate Mascarpone Frosting in a container in the fridge for 3 days.
White Chocolate Mascarpone Frosting
- 100 g heavy cream
- 100 g white chocolate
- 150 g mascarpone
- Heat up the heavy cream but not let it boil. Pour it on the white chocolate already chopped and mix until it is shiny and homogenous. Here, a hand blender would make your life a bit easier. If possible, let it rest overnight or for at least two hours.
- Whip the mascarpone until is lose and have no lumps. Add to it the white chocolate ganache and whip until creamy, smooth and holding its shape.